KHS GmbH is a global company with a history of over 150 years. In 1868 pioneers Karl Kappert and Luis Holstein founded the company in Dortmund, Germany, driven by the vision of being the first to build filling systems for what was then the new ‚invention‘ of bottled beer. KHS GmbH is now one of the leading manufacturers of innovative filling and packaging systems for the beverage and liquid food industries worldwide. The company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Salzgitter Klöckner-Werke GmbH, which is part of the Salzgitter Group.
Our core competence lies in the development and production of both single machines and complete lines. Thanks to its considerable experience gleaned from decades of expertise in the design of lines and machines, KHS GmbH can offer its customers valuable skill and proficiency. The company‘s broad portfolio of services includes the Bottles & Shapes program, which is a future-oriented consultancy service for your containers made of PET, glass or cans. Forward-looking, all-round advice, innovative systems and solutions, and reliable on- site service worldwide complement the company‘s wide range of services.
As a reliable partner we provide sustainable and profitable added value to the global market, focusing on beverages and liquid food. We listen to our customers and deliver intelligent product systems with the highest project quality.
KEY DATA KHS-GROUP
- Founded: 1868
- Headquarters: Dortmund
- Employees*: 4,954 (2022)
- Sales*: € 1,245 billion (2022)
*Salzgitter consolidation group
- 1868 Holstein & Kappert (H&K) is founded in Dortmund, Germany
- 1879 L. A. Enzinger (later SEN) is founded in Worms, Germany
- 1887 Seitz-Werke (later SEN) is founded in Bad Kreuznach, Germany
- 1977-1982 H&K (100%) and SEN (90%) are taken over by Klöckner-Werke AG from Duisburg, Germany
- 1993 H&K and SEN merge to form KHS Maschinen- und Anlagenbau AG, Dortmund
- 2007 Salzgitter AG acquires the majority share in Klöckner-Werke AG
- 2010 KHS AG becomes KHS GmbH
- 2011 KHS GmbH becomes a wholly owned subsidiary of Salzgitter Klöckner-Werke GmbH
EXECUTIVE MANAGEMENT BOARD
Chairman of the Executive Management: Kai Acker
Members of the Executive Management (Board): Dr. Johannes T. Grobe, Martin Resch, Beate Schäfer
Last revised: May 1, 2022